Caroline's 2014 WRX Haru - Track/Daily Build | 2016 Track Season - Page 4 - Socal Subaru Forum For SoCal Subaru Enthusiasts: SoCalSubies.com
Join Now  
SoCal Subies Forum SoCal Subies Facebook
SoCal Subies Twitter
Coming Soon
SoCal Subies YouTube
Home Forums Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Socal Subies > Locals Lounge > Members' Journals > Caroline's 2014 WRX Haru - Track/Daily Build | 2016 Track Season

Welcome to SoCalSubies.com - The world's largest Subaru forum for Southern California Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to SoCalSubies.com: The premiere SoCal Subaru Forum.

You are currently viewing SoCalSubies.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and interact with other local Subaru enthusiasts.Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, interact with other enthusiasts via the SoCalSubies live chatbox, search discussions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:05 AM   #31
A-Wags
Elite Member

Fav Mod: Stiffening bits
SoCalSubies Addict since: Mar 2010

A-Wags is progressing nicely

I love your mod path. It's exactly what I want to do. I bought a pitch stop mount, shifter bushings, and positive shift kit to start for my 15 wrx, but now I need all the other bushings and mounts too! Can't wait to read more. Keep it up!
A-Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #32
msawsmr

Fav Mod: Me <3
SoCalSubies Addict since: Jan 2015

msawsmr is learning the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Wags View Post
I love your mod path. It's exactly what I want to do. I bought a pitch stop mount, shifter bushings, and positive shift kit to start for my 15 wrx, but now I need all the other bushings and mounts too! Can't wait to read more. Keep it up!
Thanks! Will definitely keep you updated.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #33
msawsmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
I like that... scale as you, as a driver, get faster and better. Unlike other people who do these massive builds and don't actually take the time to be a faster driver.
As the car currently sits, it's a little overbuilt for my driving abilities, but just enough to where I can comfortably get familiar with its limits. Coil overs are next on the list (likely going to happen next January or February).
Old 05-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #34
msawsmr

Live from Corner Speed Tuning, lol. Oil change and rear endlink adjustment.

And a proper shop nap on the most comfy couch ever.

Last edited by msawsmr; 05-08-2015 at 07:20 PM..
msawsmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #35
LeifErikson
Elite Member

Fav Mod: Rally tires
SoCalSubies Addict since: Oct 2011

LeifErikson is learning the ropes

nice!

endlink adjustment? thought you had kartboy endlinks
LeifErikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:24 PM   #36
msawsmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
nice!

endlink adjustment? thought you had kartboy endlinks
True on the Kartboy endlinks. There's a funny story about the rear end suspension upgrades: once all of the bushings, endlinks, and sway bar were installed, an interesting hollow clunking sound started to happen at really low speed turns (like, creeping out of a driveway slow). I didn't think too much of it until it started to happen when going over just about every road bump, no matter the speed.

We originally thought the rear subframe bolts may have loosened, so we cranked those down. Not two weeks later, the sound came back.

After some R&D investigating by John, he theorized that Whiteline's grease-less bushings were causing frictional tension which worked its way through the sway bar and focused on the endlinks. So he found a set of ye olde greased bushings by Whiteline and swapped them out. Clunking sound has yet to come back.

When it comes to the endlinks, it's normally the endlink, mounting hole on the sway bar, a washer, then the bolt that connects everything together. There could be some wiggle room for the inner edge of the endlink to wedge itself into the mounting hole which could cause a similar, if not the same, hollow clunking sound to happen as the endlink is being constantly moved around. To prevent this from happening, we added another washer between the endlink and the sway bar so that endlink stays in alignment and doesn't wiggle around, which was today's visit.

(John, feel free to correct me if this explanation is off... I'm currently running on 3 hours of sleep, lol).
Old 05-08-2015, 09:41 PM   #37
LeifErikson
Elite Member

Fav Mod: Rally tires
SoCalSubies Addict since: Oct 2011

LeifErikson is learning the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawsmr View Post
True on the Kartboy endlinks. There's a funny story about the rear end suspension upgrades: once all of the bushings, endlinks, and sway bar were installed, an interesting hollow clunking sound started to happen at really low speed turns (like, creeping out of a driveway slow). I didn't think too much of it until it started to happen when going over just about every road bump, no matter the speed.

We originally thought the rear subframe bolts may have loosened, so we cranked those down. Not two weeks later, the sound came back.

After some R&D investigating by John, he theorized that Whiteline's grease-less bushings were causing frictional tension which worked its way through the sway bar and focused on the endlinks. So he found a set of ye olde greased bushings by Whiteline and swapped them out. Clunking sound has yet to come back.

When it comes to the endlinks, it's normally the endlink, mounting hole on the sway bar, a washer, then the bolt that connects everything together. There could be some wiggle room for the inner edge of the endlink to wedge itself into the mounting hole which could cause a similar, if not the same, hollow clunking sound to happen as the endlink is being constantly moved around. To prevent this from happening, we added another washer between the endlink and the sway bar so that endlink stays in alignment and doesn't wiggle around, which was today's visit.

(John, feel free to correct me if this explanation is off... I'm currently running on 3 hours of sleep, lol).

sounds about right. I too had clunking for the longest time ever, never really bothered to check it out then it got worse, turns out my endlinks got loose somehow so I tightened the endblink bolts and the noise went away.
LeifErikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:27 PM   #38
boostedben

Fav Mod: DOM 3.0 XTR
SoCalSubies Addict since: Mar 2011

boostedben is progressing nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawsmr View Post
Live from Corner Speed Tuning, lol. Oil change and rear endlink adjustment.

That looks like a sweet Sti in the background.
boostedben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #39
msawsmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedben View Post
That looks like a sweet Sti in the background.
Totally!
Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 AM   #40
msawsmr

Live from the Petersen Japanese Cruise-In!

Finally found a car that matches my signature shoes!

Over 500 cars in attendance!

Last edited by msawsmr; 05-17-2015 at 03:39 PM..
msawsmr is offline   Reply With Quote