AccessPort V3 Warranty Void/Denied Warranty Claim. - Page 4 - Socal Subaru Forum For SoCal Subaru Enthusiasts: SoCalSubies.com
Join Now  
SoCal Subies Forum SoCal Subies Facebook
SoCal Subies Twitter
Coming Soon
SoCal Subies YouTube
Home Forums Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Socal Subies > Garage Talk > General Subaru Talk > AccessPort V3 Warranty Void/Denied Warranty Claim.

Welcome to SoCalSubies.com - The world's largest Subaru forum for Southern California Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to SoCalSubies.com: The premiere SoCal Subaru Forum.

You are currently viewing SoCalSubies.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and interact with other local Subaru enthusiasts.Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, interact with other enthusiasts via the SoCalSubies live chatbox, search discussions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #31
FireStarter

Car: 13 PBP WRX
Fav Mod: GT Spec D wheel
SoCalSubies Addict since: Feb 2015

FireStarter is learning the ropes

Bought my 13 base Rex from them in 2012. I came from San Bernardino where they wouldn't budge on a forester that my mom was looking to buy. She had cancer and had her credit ruined cause she couldn't work and was self employed. Literally crying, we went to Ontario and they sold it 3k under msrp and she was able to get a 3.6R outback instead. I was looking at getting a new car and was so impressed by there customer service I the out the "what can you do on a new wrx". I got mine for 24k plus tax&licensing and I opted for the extended service. I think it came out to 27k otd with the loyalty coupon.

Every time I get service done it is pleasant. San Bernardino was terrible from my experience and told me my smelly clutch was normal. Well it wasn't and they refused to document it.

Cobb being unmarried equates to the battery dying. They look to see if the battery was disconnected close to the motor being damaged. swap in a new battery and say your old one died. Resetting the DAM on poo California 91 when the car was designed for 93 causes a lot of knock until the fine knock correction learns to reduce the timing. This can cause engine damage. None of that proves an accessport.

They can detect ecutek and open-source as the accessport is the only one to load the correct check sums which identifies the rom. FYI the new 15's have a black box that can detect recent operation and they can use that to see if an accessport was used.

OP, sorry about the problem. It took south coast subaru 4 months to fix my transmission so you seem to have had a quick service lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaken View Post
Subaru of Ontario are crooks IMO. Sorry I got to flame. Based on the majority of the experiences I've seen posted and people I've talked with about this dealer have not been good. I'm sure somebody has been treated well there or they wouldn't be in business?When I shopped around SoCal for my 15 WRX I made it clear I was paying cash for a base model WRX. These guys still would not budge on their "mark up" for either a WRX or STI. Which ranged roughly $3000-$9000 above sticker depending on the model. The sales rep's words were basically due to demand Subaru of Ontario marks them up. I get the whole economics thing. So I obviously bought from somewhere else.
I've been getting my first 5,000 and 10,000 mile (only because they're free till 20,000 mile) services at Subaru of San Bernardino and those guys are excellent. I didn't even buy the car there.
Sorry to hear about your car and situation OP. Seems to me most motors burn up due to owners simply not checking the oil often enough new and old. That is the $8000 question. How often?
I had a tranny warranty not go my way (due to my own ignorance) on an 07 WRX I used to own. Warranty approvals from Subaru are hit and miss, maybe it takes stars aligning, buying the SOA rep a hooker, or an Executive Order from Obama. All I know it is a case by case basis and just be prepared to shell out some cash if things don't go your way.
FireStarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:32 PM   #32
wrxandres

Car: Dark Grey, 2014 WRX
Fav Mod: Exhaust
SoCalSubies Addict since: Feb 2014

wrxandres is learning the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStarter View Post
Bought my 13 base Rex from them in 2012. I came from San Bernardino where they wouldn't budge on a forester that my mom was looking to buy. She had cancer and had her credit ruined cause she couldn't work and was self employed. Literally crying, we went to Ontario and they sold it 3k under msrp and she was able to get a 3.6R outback instead. I was looking at getting a new car and was so impressed by there customer service I the out the "what can you do on a new wrx". I got mine for 24k plus tax&licensing and I opted for the extended service. I think it came out to 27k otd with the loyalty coupon.

Every time I get service done it is pleasant. San Bernardino was terrible from my experience and told me my smelly clutch was normal. Well it wasn't and they refused to document it.

Cobb being unmarried equates to the battery dying. They look to see if the battery was disconnected close to the motor being damaged. swap in a new battery and say your old one died. Resetting the DAM on poo California 91 when the car was designed for 93 causes a lot of knock until the fine knock correction learns to reduce the timing. This can cause engine damage. None of that proves an accessport.

They can detect ecutek and open-source as the accessport is the only one to load the correct check sums which identifies the rom. FYI the new 15's have a black box that can detect recent operation and they can use that to see if an accessport was used.

OP, sorry about the problem. It took south coast subaru 4 months to fix my transmission so you seem to have had a quick service lol.

thats crazy lol. i did not like the service at subaru of ontario. but the sales people were def cool. and gave me a good deal on mine. im gonna try out puente hills subaru for my 1k mile oil change lol just to see if they have better service lol
wrxandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #33
Subaken

Car: GBP 15 WRX
Fav Mod: MishimotoBaffledCatchCan
SoCalSubies Addict since: Sep 2012

Subaken is learning the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStarter View Post

I'm not sure if there was a mark - up on the previous generations at Subaru of Ontario so I can't comment on that. Just go look at the MY15's WRX / STI's sticker its there in black and white. Did you buy your WRX at SofSB or Ontario? My reading comprehension sucks. Your price for your 2013 was comparable to what I paid for my 12 WRX as well. GLAD TO HEAR YOUR MOM WAS TAKEN CARE OF.
Subaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #34
FireStarter

Car: 13 PBP WRX
Fav Mod: GT Spec D wheel

FireStarter is learning the ropes

Thank you.

All the dealers I went to had the cars marked up as you couldn't find a darn WRX anywhere.

That being said, I had to order mine and put down my deposit.

I bought mine from Ontario. Got it for 2.5k including loyalty $500 under msrp. I added on the extended service plan which bumped the price up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaken View Post
I'm not sure if there was a mark - up on the previous generations at Subaru of Ontario so I can't comment on that. Just go look at the MY15's WRX / STI's sticker its there in black and white. Did you buy your WRX at SofSB or Ontario? My reading comprehension sucks. Your price for your 2013 was comparable to what I paid for my 12 WRX as well. GLAD TO HEAR YOUR MOM WAS TAKEN CARE OF.
FireStarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:33 PM   #35
derangd333

Car: WR Blue 17 WRX STI
Fav Mod: suspension

derangd333 is learning the ropes
Default ontario subaru

Bought a legacy from puente hills they put so much armorall on the engine that they messed up my alt.
So i figured i live in ontario took to ontario subaru.they changed alt. Picked my car up wife drives it less the 5miles car starts to squeek again. Took back to them next day said belt tensioner is bad. Same thing took home still started to squeek again this time mad as hell called subaru of america they asked where i took it and told them where they called them told them to get me a loaner car(dirty as hell forster,no gas) took it back again and they said ac compressor is bad they had to change it. Finally after 3 trips and a call to subaru of america it was fixed. And yes that dam cashier suck no customer service skills at all. She was eating and on her cell phone while she was pissed for us asking for keys. Hate them wont go back!
derangd333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:23 PM   #36
royaltywrx

Car: dark grey metallic 14 wrx
Fav Mod: exhaust
SoCalSubies Addict since: Apr 2017

royaltywrx is learning the ropes

so what happened with the warranty claim?
royaltywrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:09 PM   #37
illusin
Ultra Member

Car: 06 sti,02 Bugeye,95 Supra
Fav Mod: driver mod
SoCalSubies Addict since: Jan 2011

illusin is progressing nicely

Should be note for anyone new to the subaru scene, if you get a accessport and plan on taking your car in for any "maintenance" or warranty issues disconnect the battery and press on the brake to displace any voltage left in the system. John at Corner speed brought up a point about playing stupid and say oh ya i did that cause it was sitting at home and wanted the battery to not be drained.
illusin is offline   Reply With Quote