AccessPort V3 Warranty Void/Denied Warranty Claim. - Page 3 - Socal Subaru Forum For SoCal Subaru Enthusiasts: SoCalSubies.com
Join Now  
SoCal Subies Forum SoCal Subies Facebook
SoCal Subies Twitter
Coming Soon
SoCal Subies YouTube
Home Forums Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Socal Subies > Garage Talk > General Subaru Talk > AccessPort V3 Warranty Void/Denied Warranty Claim.

Welcome to SoCalSubies.com - The world's largest Subaru forum for Southern California Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to SoCalSubies.com: The premiere SoCal Subaru Forum.

You are currently viewing SoCalSubies.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and interact with other local Subaru enthusiasts.Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, interact with other enthusiasts via the SoCalSubies live chatbox, search discussions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:12 PM   #21
Subaken

Car: GBP 15 WRX
Fav Mod: MishimotoBaffledCatchCan
SoCalSubies Addict since: Sep 2012

Subaken is learning the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxandres View Post
def will keep you guys posted!

they are rude. all of service department is rude. cashier is rude too sometimes. on her phone all da time.
service writer thinks he knows everything. told me hes been on the job for 2-3 months -___-
Subaru of Ontario are crooks IMO. Sorry I got to flame. Based on the majority of the experiences I've seen posted and people I've talked with about this dealer have not been good. I'm sure somebody has been treated well there or they wouldn't be in business?When I shopped around SoCal for my 15 WRX I made it clear I was paying cash for a base model WRX. These guys still would not budge on their "mark up" for either a WRX or STI. Which ranged roughly $3000-$9000 above sticker depending on the model. The sales rep's words were basically due to demand Subaru of Ontario marks them up. I get the whole economics thing. So I obviously bought from somewhere else.
I've been getting my first 5,000 and 10,000 mile (only because they're free till 20,000 mile) services at Subaru of San Bernardino and those guys are excellent. I didn't even buy the car there.
Sorry to hear about your car and situation OP. Seems to me most motors burn up due to owners simply not checking the oil often enough new and old. That is the $8000 question. How often?
I had a tranny warranty not go my way (due to my own ignorance) on an 07 WRX I used to own. Warranty approvals from Subaru are hit and miss, maybe it takes stars aligning, buying the SOA rep a hooker, or an Executive Order from Obama. All I know it is a case by case basis and just be prepared to shell out some cash if things don't go your way.
Subaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #22
wrxandres

Car: Dark Grey, 2014 WRX
Fav Mod: Exhaust
SoCalSubies Addict since: Feb 2014

wrxandres is learning the ropes

UPDATE:
so the service manager called me about almost 2 weeks ago and said that subaru (district manager) denied my warranty claim......BUT he is willing to cover 75% of the repair and id have to cover the other 25%.... i think total for repair is $2600 so id be paying around $700-$800.
so i tried one more time and went there to speak to him in person. pretty nice guy i guess.
hes only been mngr there for 2months he said but overall service manager for 20yrs or so.
so now im here like, cmon man help me out. ive been coming here for service all the time. but he said it wasnt really up to him or the dealer. it was up to district manager.
if it was up to him he said he woulda thrown in a whole new motor he woulda made some money and called it a day. buttt he just cant. he said at nissan where he was at they dont go through that district manager process. i guess only subaru so far from what he knows.
so thats how that ended. my warranty did not get voided so im good till i reach 80K miles lol.
yes ive learned my lesson. but what every one says. gotta pay to play.
oh and i authorized them to go ahead get it done, its about to be 2weeks and the engine isnt even in yet. -___- all because their mechanic was out for a couple days. like okay thats not my fault? why should i have to wait 2weeks for yall to drop in a block? where are your other techs at?
but yes service is crap at ontario of subaru. will not be going here anymore. ill be going to puente hills. farther but **** it lol.
wrxandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #23
fiftyunofifty

Fav Mod: Driver MOD
SoCalSubies Addict since: Aug 2014

fiftyunofifty is learning the ropes

Man sorry to hear that you are going through this Drama. Sounds like they are being total a**hats.
fiftyunofifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #24
Terrible Juan
Elite Member

Fav Mod: Torque Steer
SoCalSubies Addict since: Aug 2009

Terrible Juan is setting a good example

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxandres View Post
UPDATE:
so the service manager called me about almost 2 weeks ago and said that subaru (district manager) denied my warranty claim......BUT he is willing to cover 75% of the repair and id have to cover the other 25%.... i think total for repair is $2600 so id be paying around $700-$800.
so i tried one more time and went there to speak to him in person. pretty nice guy i guess.
hes only been mngr there for 2months he said but overall service manager for 20yrs or so.
so now im here like, cmon man help me out. ive been coming here for service all the time. but he said it wasnt really up to him or the dealer. it was up to district manager.
if it was up to him he said he woulda thrown in a whole new motor he woulda made some money and called it a day. buttt he just cant. he said at nissan where he was at they dont go through that district manager process. i guess only subaru so far from what he knows.
so thats how that ended. my warranty did not get voided so im good till i reach 80K miles lol.
yes ive learned my lesson. but what every one says. gotta pay to play.
oh and i authorized them to go ahead get it done, its about to be 2weeks and the engine isnt even in yet. -___- all because their mechanic was out for a couple days. like okay thats not my fault? why should i have to wait 2weeks for yall to drop in a block? where are your other techs at?
but yes service is crap at ontario of subaru. will not be going here anymore. ill be going to puente hills. farther but **** it lol.
That is a very favorable outcome. They are definitely being generous with you. I would completely avoid negotiating any further with them and be grateful with what is being covered.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #25
Snowman88

Car: White 2014 sti
Fav Mod: Stage 2 protune!!
SoCalSubies Addict since: Jan 2014

Snowman88 is learning the ropes

Agreed! If that's the offer they gave me I would ask them what denomination of bills they prefer lol
Snowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #26
Snowman88

Car: White 2014 sti
Fav Mod: Stage 2 protune!!
SoCalSubies Addict since: Jan 2014

Snowman88 is learning the ropes

Oh and when I had my 2013 wrx it took them almost 5 weeks to replace the block after I had ringland failure so I wouldn't expect anything real soon it's kinda annoying but hey she'll be good as new when u get her back! Drive a Prius in the mean time so when u finally get it back it will feel like a rocket and u won't wanna tune it again haha
Snowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #27
Fernando

Car: Dark Grey Metallic 14 STI
Fav Mod: performance
SoCalSubies Addict since: Dec 2013

Fernando is learning the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman88 View Post
Oh and when I had my 2013 wrx it took them almost 5 weeks to replace the block after I had ringland failure so I wouldn't expect anything real soon it's kinda annoying but hey she'll be good as new when u get her back! Drive a Prius in the mean time so when u finally get it back it will feel like a rocket and u won't wanna tune it again haha
can we be best friends!!!I like the way you think
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:23 AM   #28
wrxandres

Car: Dark Grey, 2014 WRX
Fav Mod: Exhaust
SoCalSubies Addict since: Feb 2014

wrxandres is learning the ropes

so after the longest month and a half i finally got her back!! only paid $650.00 that was the 25% that i had to cover. lesson learned. im still gonna put back the intake and tune on it lol. but ill just check my oil everytime i leave somewhere LOL. im just glad to have her back. gotta let cobb know that the AP resets the check-sum on the key cycles lol. but here she is!
wrxandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:31 AM   #29
Warlock
Ultra Member

Car: 02RS RIP,91Stealth, 05STi
Fav Mod: Lazy Robots
SoCalSubies Addict since: Apr 2011

Warlock is progressing nicely

Cobb could careless no offense if it resets the checksum. They even advertise it as may void warranties so its usually buy at your own risk. Also there is no way to program the check sum without hacking the software
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #30
Corner Speed Tuning
Authorized Vendor

Car: 06 STI
Fav Mod: The Driver
SoCalSubies Addict since: Feb 2015

Corner Speed Tuning is learning the ropes

COBB knows it resets it. Best way to cover your tracks in the future would be to disconnect the battery. Play dumb and say since it was broken, you thought pulling the battery cable off it might run better.

John
Corner Speed Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote