AccessPort V3 Warranty Void/Denied Warranty Claim. - Page 2 - Socal Subaru Forum For SoCal Subaru Enthusiasts: SoCalSubies.com
Join Now  
SoCal Subies Forum SoCal Subies Facebook
SoCal Subies Twitter
Coming Soon
SoCal Subies YouTube
Home Forums Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Socal Subies > Garage Talk > General Subaru Talk > AccessPort V3 Warranty Void/Denied Warranty Claim.

Welcome to SoCalSubies.com - The world's largest Subaru forum for Southern California Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to SoCalSubies.com: The premiere SoCal Subaru Forum.

You are currently viewing SoCalSubies.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and interact with other local Subaru enthusiasts.Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, interact with other enthusiasts via the SoCalSubies live chatbox, search discussions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:57 PM   #11
13WRX90

Car: 2013 WRX
Fav Mod: Rock chips
SoCalSubies Addict since: Nov 2013

13WRX90 is learning the ropes

It's all a hit or miss with dealerships. Some will cover the warranty and others I've seen only cover a certain percentage of the repair.
I was stage 1 and spun a bearing awhile back. When they took the motor apart the tech determined my piston rings weren't seated properly which led to excessive oil consumption. Nearly all of my bearings were worn thin, Blackstone was reporting high amounts of silver too. I've put around 10k miles on since then and the engine doesn't consume anywhere near the amount of oil it did before the repair and my oil reports have been nice and healthy.

Just be sure to make checking the oil a ritual, don't wait until the next oil change before you check. I look at mine once a week.
13WRX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #12
ruzty1311
Ultra Member

Fav Mod: TP Stage 2 Tune!
SoCalSubies Addict since: Aug 2012

ruzty1311 is learning the ropes

Geez dude you really should have done a little bit of research prior to taking your car into THAT particular dealership!!! From what it sounds like, unless they are extremely cool about it, you are screwed. If they pulled you aside like that and basicallly said "SO you should have a count sum of 1k but its showing 8 meaning it was flashed" it's not looking good for you. Once the SOA representative comes to look at their report and if they put that information down then its game over. Not trying to scare you but you need to have a backup plan.

And YES you should ALWAYS ALWAYS check your oil levels even on a brand new car!!! You live and learn. Whichever way this plays out for you I hope you learn haha

ALso, you should have copies of all your service records right? You can take your car to any dealership. None of them are linked. I know this is a bit late but next time if it's something big like your trans for instance just do a little research and find out which dealership is more friendly and take your paperwork to them. Good luck!! I really do hope it works out for you i've been there done that.
ruzty1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:19 PM   #13
ninjastar310

Car: 2015 WRX STi,93 zj
Fav Mod: none
SoCalSubies Addict since: Jan 2015

ninjastar310 is learning the ropes

http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011/...ermarket-parts

This is taken from another forum
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2136423

Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning
The ECU does not contain any unique identifiers that will be permanently changed or that can be recognized as altered after the AccessPORT is uninstalled -- we flash back the exact map that was read from the vehicle during the AP installation process and leave the ECU exactly as we found it. The ECU has no way to track dates...it doesn't have a clock; it cannot track how many times it has been flashed as there is no flash counter what-so-ever

If we're talking about while the AP is installed, sure, they can absolutely detect as such. Once the AP is uninstalled, however, to the very best of our knowledge, they have no tools (especially at the dealership level) that can detect that the ECU was previously flashed by an aftermarket tuner. However, we are always VERY interested to know what advanced detection methods the dealership or manufacturer is using, so we'd love that information if you have it available!

I am simply trying to dispel any myths and truthfully answer any questions about our products. If that results in an AP sale, great, if not, that's OK too

Regards,
Lance
ninjastar310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:34 AM   #14
illusin
Ultra Member

Car: 06 sti,02 Bugeye,95 Supra
Fav Mod: driver mod
SoCalSubies Addict since: Jan 2011

illusin is progressing nicely

That says exactly that there is no way for them to "track different maps" but what the OP is saying is that the ecu only showed the ignition being turned on 8 times, so thats why the red flag was thrown. Basically saying that for a car with 16k on it the ignition count should be way higher then it is.

That being said there is absolutly no reason for your car to be low on oil, and honestly if you don't check your oil when your getting gas or every other day unfortuntly your doing it wrong. Subaru's consume oil ( built motors consume more) so you should be checking your fluids a few times a week so unfortuntly the low oil is somethign that is 100% avoidable ( minus putting a hole in the block ). Just because its a new car does not mean you should ignore the basic's .
illusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:30 AM   #15
ruzty1311
Ultra Member

Fav Mod: TP Stage 2 Tune!
SoCalSubies Addict since: Aug 2012

ruzty1311 is learning the ropes

I think it's called something like "Checksum". Checks how many times like, you and Illusin said, the ignition has been turned and fired up the car.

You can always fight Subaru and get a lawyer and yadda yadda yadda but it's such a hassle and only a hand few of people have actually gone this route. I actually wonder if cobb states "Will not void dealership warranty" on their website or AP's haha I don't think they do because they would have been sued by now I would think.

When my motor went I called around a few dealerships and almost all of them weren't friendly about the whole going back to stock and pushing the warranty through. I got lucky and had an inside man get the job done...he's no longer at that particular dealership though (not fired). Sucks that your motor went at 16k but you were one of the unlucky ones.
ruzty1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:57 PM   #16
wrxandres

Car: Dark Grey, 2014 WRX
Fav Mod: Exhaust
SoCalSubies Addict since: Feb 2014

wrxandres is learning the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusin View Post
That says exactly that there is no way for them to "track different maps" but what the OP is saying is that the ecu only showed the ignition being turned on 8 times, so thats why the red flag was thrown. Basically saying that for a car with 16k on it the ignition count should be way higher then it is.

That being said there is absolutly no reason for your car to be low on oil, and honestly if you don't check your oil when your getting gas or every other day unfortuntly your doing it wrong. Subaru's consume oil ( built motors consume more) so you should be checking your fluids a few times a week so unfortuntly the low oil is somethign that is 100% avoidable ( minus putting a hole in the block ). Just because its a new car does not mean you should ignore the basic's .
okay yea I know I should be checking my oil. I seriously would've prevented all this.

buttt. to only be 3K into my oil change and finding out it had "burned 1qt and a half in 3k miles? and im sure it wasn't the tune. it was only stage1.
and till today. I mention it around the writer and he always avoids the "low oil" part of this.
they really don't wanna cover this. they are so hurt about it. lol
wrxandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #17
Warlock
Ultra Member

Car: 02RS RIP,91Stealth, 05STi
Fav Mod: Lazy Robots
SoCalSubies Addict since: Apr 2011

Warlock is progressing nicely

That is normal oil consumption according to subaru, normal is consuming a quart of oil every 1000miles.
So you burning a quart and half in 3000miles is actually better than what subaru says is normal......
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #18
wrxandres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
That is normal oil consumption according to subaru, normal is consuming a quart of oil every 1000miles.
So you burning a quart and half in 3000miles is actually better than what subaru says is normal......
that's what the service writer told me, but if they know its 1qt of oil being burned for every 1000 miles, why would they put on my oil change sticker to come back after 6k miles? the engine only holds 5qts. why don't they sticker me up for a oil change every 1.5k miles?!
Old 01-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #19
wrxandres

I went to subaru yesterday because they had approved the tear down.
the block was taken apart and they showed me the bearing that spun. it was #2 bearing. it's clearly because the lack of oil. butt. it was only that rod bearing. the rest were clean.
if it was the stage 1 tune, why did it not happen to the other 3?
Old 01-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #20
Warlock
Ultra Member

Car: 02RS RIP,91Stealth, 05STi
Fav Mod: Lazy Robots
SoCalSubies Addict since: Apr 2011

Warlock is progressing nicely

You don't understand how oil circulates through a oil pan or system do you....
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote