Socal Subaru Forum For SoCal Subaru Enthusiasts: SoCalSubies.com - View Single Post - '00 Sedona Red 2.5RS
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
natums
Elite Member

Fav Mod: Bill
SoCalSubies Addict since: Jan 2010

natums is progressing nicely
Default '00 2.5RS & '71 240z

Overview: My daily driver is a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. I also have a 1971 Datsun 240z which currently resides at my parents house due to it's bad tranny.

About Me & My Cars:
I am Nate (aka Nateums), I am 20 at the time I am writing this. I technically have owned only 1 car before this in my name, the Z (every other vehicle is in my parents name for convenience). I have always been around cars and motorcycles, my dad has always been a gearhead but my mom wanted me to not grow up in an environment where vehicles are toys so she had my dad sell his Harley, El Camino, and 5.0 Mustang when I was a baby. That didn't stop him from teaching me about cars. I learned basic mechanic stuff when I was young but didn't really actively do anything until I got the Z.
My mom became more lenient on what my dad could expose me to as I hit my teens so he bought a new Harley, and started taking me to all kinds of American Muscle Car Shows, Monster Truck Rallies, Racetracks, etc. I was a fan of American cars since I was young purely because of my fascination with the muscle car generation.
As I prepared to purchase my first car I realized I didn't want a muscle car, I wanted something that was fun to drive just about anywhere. I wanted something that could corner, accelerate, and growl, and looked good doing it of course. I discovered the original Z and was sold. The "japanese muscle' was smaller and more agile than the american sports cars and with independent rear suspension, wasn't as dated technology wise as other cars of the era. I got a 71 240z so It wouldn't have to pass smog and would be cheap as ****. My dad promptly fell in love with the Z and helped make it my dream car. More on the car is in it's section below...
I worked on the Z from the time I was 15 till I moved down to LA when I was 18 and at the time had no place I felt safe to store the Z, plus since it was still a project, no place to work on it. So it remains at my parents.
I still considered myself an American car guy but I give a lot of credit to specific models of foreign cars but after Datsun became Nissan I wasn't as interested in most of what they made. During my first year in So Cal a friend of mine got a WRX, and thats where a whole new chapter and renewed interest in cars began. I was interested in the AWD Rally Car conceptually but didn't know much about Subaru at first. As I learned more about the company and community I fell in love with the brand. The rest is history.
Sorry for the long story.

2.5RS Journal:
Consolidated Intro & Mod List
Maintenance Log
First Week
First Photoshoot
05/07/10 - Clutch hose burst & Axle shaft seal break
05/08/10 - discovered I have all locking lugs
05/30/10 - Car Meet - ESX and South Coast Subaru
06/01/10 - Photoshoot - W/ Sube Doo
06/04/10 - Photoshoot - Hungry Valley W/ Bill!
06/11/10 - Photoshoot - Airplanes and Alleyways (Another thread)
06/17/10 - Custom emblem on trunk lid
06/25/10 - BMW rear ends Subie in traffic

240z Journal:
Consolidated Intro and Mod List (Pics)
Rims, Control Arms, Exhaust, Brakes, etc... (Pics)
It moved! Now in SoCal, still undriveable (Pics)

Here is a picture of it the morning after my roommate bought it on my behalf in NorCal and drove it down to me in Northridge.

Here is a pic of the Z back at my Senior Year High School Car Show way back when it had fresh paint! Old Windshield though...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewCover2.jpg
Views:	1037
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1155  

Last edited by natums; 03-21-2011 at 10:27 PM..
natums is offline   Reply With Quote