Socal Subaru Forum For SoCal Subaru Enthusiasts: SoCalSubies.com - View Single Post - '00 Sedona Red 2.5RS
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
natums
Elite Member

Fav Mod: Bill
SoCalSubies Addict since: Jan 2010

natums is progressing nicely

Still need to take pictures but I managed to drive 400+ miles this weekend! haha.

God it's fun to drive a car you take pride in! I always hated driving my old daily driver Saturn SL1 and seeing some awesome car and wishing I could tell him nice car without feeling like a complete loser, haha. I saw a GT-R and M3 both cruising down the 405 and just being able to give the GT-R driver a thumbs up as I pulled up next to him was gratifying. Plus seeing other Subaru's, as you all know, is awesome! A red '04 WRX wagon pulled up next to me at a light and he had never seen an RS before! I wish I had a you've been spotted card at the time, I could tell he loves his Subaru. Hopefully he finds the community on his own, or at least noticed my SoCalSubies decal.

I need to find a way to mount my Domo stuffed doll in the Subaru, he is too big and soft to hang from the tow bar and currently resides in the oversized cup holders of my Suburban. Once I get a way to make him my designated Co-Driver I will post pics of the interior and shoot the exterior.

I also had my left headlight burn out on my tonight, very suddenly too, but it doesnt appear to be fully burnt out, just not bright... and I chipped my fog light lense, I accidentally unplugged the switch for it while under my dash though and forgot to plug it back in so I cant test to see if it's still working until I get some time during the day this week! Had the car less than a week and I manage to break every stupid thing in the car! haha.

EDIT:
Progress Made
- Hooked up cruise control and horn, disconnected by previous owner when he swapped wheels
- Discovered the entire driver side air bag harness is not connected, need to find it someplace behind the dash.
- Accidentally left my fog lights and cruise control button unplugged for the weekend so I couldn't enjoy creating mini daylight with my 1200watt fog lights
- Reattached steering wheel slightly off center thanks to 04blackwrx and his precision alignment skills.
- WD-40'd the sunroof (major technically abilities required)

Last edited by natums; 06-05-2010 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: Adding actual content
natums is offline   Reply With Quote